Hand targeting is great to not only teach the dog commands like come, but also for dogs who are nervous about hands moving toward them.
- Have high value treats ready.
- Say the dog's name and "touch" and put your hand down (flat palm with no treat in the hand).
- Reward when the dog comes over and touches your hand with her nose.
- As she improves at the game, work on moving farther from her before asking her to touch.
- If she will not touch initially with an empty hand you can start with a treat in your hand the first few times.