Found a Stray Hound
Found A Stray Hound?
- If the dog is wearing a collar with ID tags/contact information - please attempt to contact the owner listed on the tags.
- Take the hound to a local vet (or shelter) to check for a microchip, at no charge.
- Please post "Found" signs (including a picture is very helpful!) in the neighborhood where you found the dog; a distraught owner may be looking for the hound. Place a post on Craigslist stating you found the hound (but not offering them for adoption)..
- BHRSC does not charge a relinquish/surrender fee but will always welcome a donation (which is tax-deductible).
- If no one comes forward after 7 days, please fill out the Pet Surrender Application.