Virtual Spring Games Registration
23rd Annual Spring Games
With much sadness, Basset Hound Rescue of Southern California must cancel the in-person Spring Games 2020 due to the Coronavirus and the restrictions in place. While this was a very difficult decision, we know it is in the best interest of the community at this time.
However, we are excited to announce that Spring Games is going VIRTUAL to retain the spirit of the event, even when we can’t get together as a community in person!
Spring Games has been a BHRSC institution for the past 22 years and is one of our two largest fundraisers of the year. Losing the funds raised with Spring Games would mean BHRSC taking a huge hit that could impact our ability to continue to take in all the hounds who need us over the next year. We anticipate an influx in owner surrender and shelter hounds in the coming months, as we generally see during a recession, and are counting on you to help secure their futures with BHRSC.
Here’s how it works:
Register your hound (or hounds) online like usual. You can still buy the pre-sale event t-shirt (a great keepsake to remember this crazy time!) and your personalized hound bandana. Once registered, submit photos & videos of them for any (or all) of our five virtual events (one entry per event):
- The Talent Contest—this is a VIDEO competition showcasing your hound’s hidden or not so hidden talents. Snoring loudly, rolling over, walking on their hind legs, the possibilities are endless!
- The Slo-Mo Treat Toss—this is also a VIDEO competition but videos must be in slow motion! Show us how great (or not so great!) your hound can catch with a super awesome slo-mo video.
- The Costume Contest—submit a PHOTO for this one of your hound looking adorable, ridiculous, or crazy in a costume.
- The Social Distancing Contest—submit a PHOTO of how your hound is practicing “social distancing” right now.
- The Howling Competition–this is a VIDEO competition to show off your hound’s howling! We can’t have a hound event without some howling!
You can submit photos in two ways:
- Post them on your social media (Facebook or Instagram) with #BHRSCSpringGames2020 and tag BHRSC as well
- Email them to: email@example.com
The deadline to enter Virtual Spring Games is the end of the day on Saturday April 25, 2020. Voting will take place on Facebook from Sunday April 26, 2020 until the end of the day on Friday May 1, 2020. The photos and videos with the most likes will be the winners and we will announce them live on Facebook on Saturday May 2, 2020 starting at 10:00am.
You can also visit our virtual BHRSC Merchandise Booth to pick up the most recent BHRSC gear!
We can’t do this alone! Please join our team and fundraise alongside us. Share our donation page and ask your friends and family to sponsor you and pledge their support. Recruit your hound friends to register and compete with you. The person who raises the most money for BHRSC will win a two night getaway to Wonder House, located near beautiful Joshua Tree National Park.
This site is optimized for the latest web browsers. If there is no donation form above this point and you are using Internet Explorer, please try a different browser like Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. Otherwise, please contact us for other submission options.
The last day to register or purchase official event t-shirts and customized bandanas is 4/25/20.
For Virtual Spring Games, we ask that only Basset Hounds (and Basset mixes) participate in the competition. Thank you!
Not ready to register? Buy some Spring Games Merchandise!